Ponemon Institute Research
Ponemon Institute conducts independent research on consumer trust, privacy, data protection and emerging data security technologies. Our goal is to enable organizations in both the private and public sectors to have a clearer understanding of the trends in practices, perceptions and potential threats that will affect the collection, management and safeguarding of personal and confidential information about individuals and organizations. Ponemon Institute research informs organizations on how to improve upon their data protection initiatives and enhance their brand and reputation as a trusted enterprise.
Our research focuses on the following areas:
- Consumer Privacy Trust in the Retail Banking, Government, Pharmaceutical, Hospitality and Telecommunications sectors.
- State of Security (SOS) reports in the areas of data loss prevention, identity and access management, biometrics, authentication, perimeter controls, database security, encryption, network security and identity theft protection.
- Customized studies for companies offering data protection and privacy-enabling technologies
- Benchmarking reports on corporate privacy and data protection practices
- Tracking studies on the cost of a data breach, IT security spending and global privacy and data protection program benchmarking.
Our research has been used to set corporate privacy, data protection and security strategies for major organizations around the globe. The U.S. federal and various state governments have relied upon our results to support regulatory and public policy decisions. We have been invited to present before the Federal Trade Commission, Government Accountability Office, Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Postal Services and the U.S. Congress. In the information technology marketplace, our research has been used to demonstrate thought leadership and to create brand awareness.
The results of Ponemon Institute research are frequently cited in major media outlines including Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Washington Post, USA Today, Associated Press, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, Financial Times, Business 2.0, Newsweek, Business Week, U.S. News & World Report, CIO Magazine, CSO Magazine, Computerworld, Forbes, Fortune, CFO Magazine, and others.